Thursday, November 5, 2009

Manny 'Pacman' Pacquiao, on the cover of TIME Magazine's Asia edition

MANILA - The Philippines' most successful boxer Manny 'Pacman' Pacquiao is on the cover of TIME Magazine's Asia edition, boxing website fightnews.com reported.

Pacquiao, who is aiming for an unprecedented seventh title in seven weight divisions, is featured by the prestigious magazine in a five-page story.

The story will also be included in the magazine's global editions, the boxing news site said.

The magazine will be out on newsstands starting this weekend.

"I absolutely had no idea that when I started my career in boxing, to provide a better life for myself and my family, that I would now be where I am today and on the cover of TIME Magazine," the news site quoted Pacquiao as saying.

The Filipino said being featured in the magazine is the "most humbling experience" in his boxing career.

He said "it is a great honor for me to be the face of my people and let everyone know we are a small but mighty country."

Pacquiao is set to face Puerto Rican boxer Miguel Cotto in Las Vegas, Nevada on November 14 (November 15, Sunday, in Manila).

The Filipino boxer would clinch his seventh title in seven different weight divisions if he wins against the Puerto Rican.

Pacquiao has defeated several boxing greats, including "Golden Boy" Oscar de la Hoya. He may also get to face American Floyd Mayweather if he wins against Cotto.

After taking on de la Hoya on December 2008, Pacquiao knocked down Britain's Ricky Hatton last May.

Pacquiao has won titles in the junior welterweight, lightweight, super featherweight, featherweight, super bantamweight and flyweight divisions.

This article is from www.abs-cbnnews.com Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment