Monday, July 20, 2009

Mosley to Pacquiao : Let's do it at 140 lbs

MANILA - Just when it seemed that he has given up chasing Manny Pacquiao, Shane Mosely has suddenly come out to challenge the Filipino again.

This time, he wants to fight the pound-for-pound king in the junior welterweight division.

“I'm going down to 140 [lbs.] and I want to fight Pacquiao for his belt because that's a belt I had never won,” Mosley told Fighthype.com’s Ben Thompson.

Aside from being the top pound-for-pound fighter, Pacquiao is the reigning International Boxing Organization (IBO) and The Ring Magazine junior welterweight champion.

Mosley, the current World Boxing Association (WBA) welterweight champion, earlier offered Pacquiao a 40-60 revenue cut in favor of the Filipino. He also said he was willing to go down to 144 lbs. just to get that fight.

When Pacquiao refused to budge, he reportedly gave up the chase.

Mosley, however, came back into the action as Pacquiao’s camp continues to negotiate the weight issue with possible Puerto Rican foe Miguel Cotto.

“I thought about my legacy and my history,” said Mosley. “I think that me being willing to fight and the only thing that stands between us is 143 or 144 and we're going back and forth and he's playing games with Cotto.”

With his current offer at 140 lbs., Mosley said Pacquiao will surely run out of excuses not to fight him.

“I'm ready for him to say, 'yes, let's go ahead and do it' and let's fight. I mean, there should be no excuses. There should be no hold ups for Bob Arum or nobody,” said the welterweight champ.

“I'm the only one stepping up to the plate and willing to do something, willing to fight, willing to give the fans what they want… a great fight,” he added.

This news article comes from ABS-CBN news.

Mosley is really doing everything just to fight the Manny Pacquiao. Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment